Glimpse of Philippines
7,641 islands in the Republic of the Philippines has three main geographical divisions from north to south: Luzon, Visayas, and Mindanao and Manila as the capital.
Since it is located close to the equator, the Philippines is abundant with natural resources and some of the world’s richest biodiversity.
A newly industrialized country and transitioning economy, the Philippines being an agriculture-based is now emphasising on services and manufacturing.
Many public transport facilities are available in major cities and towns. The official languages are Filipino and English. Filipino cuisine has Hispanic, Chinese, American, and other Asian influences.
Philippines offers standard education and good livable conditions for the aspirants to pursue MBBS program. Below are some of the pointers to look upon before applying for the course.
Factors to choose MBBS in Philippines
- Duration of course 5 to 6 years.
- Philippines offers American system of medical education and the Primary Medical qualification is M.D. degree(MBBS).
- The medium of instruction is English.
- The fees for MBBS in Philippines is low and affordable, the cost of living is less.
- The universities are recognized by the Medical Council of India (MCI), MOE (China Ministry of Education) and the World Health Organization (WHO).
- Internship is valid in India.
- Hostel facility is available with excellent infrastructure.
- Global exposure for Indian nationals.
The requirements to pursue MBBS in Philippines
- Minimum 50%(General category) & 40%(SC/ST/OBC) in Physics, Chemistry and Biology in class 12 or equivalent.
- NEET Qualification required.
- Minimum age should be 17 years on 31st December.
- National Medical Admission Test(NMAT) is the common admission test to MD.
Top Universities in Philippines
- Davao Medical School Foundation, Davao
- University of Perpetual help system DALTA
- Emilio Aguinaldo College of Medicine, Manila
- South Western University, CEBU, Philippines
- Fatima Medical Colleges (OLFU – Medicine)
- University of the Philippines – College of Medicine
- University of Santo Tomas – Faculty of Medicine and Surgery
- Far Eastern University – Dr. Nicanor Reyes Medical Foundation
- Cebu Institute of Medicine
- St. Luke’s College of Medicine
For valued guidance & proper assistance reach Saraswathi Medico Vision